Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wanderlust

Only defined by : A strong desire to travel.

After being questioned by loads of people and getting stared back at with blank faces when I told them I don't know what I'm going to do, and it really doesn't matter where I go, it has made me realise that I am truly happy with my life, my decisions and most importantly, myself.

A few epiphanies have hit me whilst day-dreaming behind my desk during a full-on workday.
ONE : I don't belong here.
TWO : I don't belong here.
THREE : I don't belong here.
FOUR : It's time for change.
FIVE : I want to swim with manatees.

Early 2013, I landed myself with an office job. Something very new to me and only seen in the movies. I thought I did it, I found the ultimate solution to the difficulties in life. Here, I get a pretty decent salary every month, with health and EPF benefits, and if your teeth need fixing, dental benefits too. I actually managed to convince myself that this was a good idea and that this was the best solution to a balanced lifestyle. Balanced, my ass.

So here I am now, sitting at my desk on my last day of work, with no mixed feelings or regrets, ready to take on any new experiences that life has to offer. (Inside, fireworks are exploding and gorillas are shaking my ribcage, super excited, feeling like a little girl again.) - True story, the evidence is in the bad punctuation in that last sentence.

FIRST STOP, SOUTH AFRICA!!! Finally seeing my man after 4 fucking longggggggg months!!
Stay tuned for updates!!!








1 comment: