Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Africa - The Motherland

There are only TWO words to describe Africa - Big and Braai

I have to say, I had a wonderful time in South Africa. Finally saw my man after four long ass months, it got to a point where I was starting to forget what he looked like in real-life. Four months may not seem long for some, but it was tough for me. As I was saying, I had a wonderful time there, I touched a cheetah, swam in great white shark infested water and met his whole family for the first time - the warmest and most pleasant people I know.

Again, I can't describe how amazing this experience was, just like my Nepal trip. It's the type of "WOW" where you can stand looking forever at the postcard perfect picture in front of you. What blew me away the most were the beaches, they went on and on for miles, and when the view does stop, the horizon cuts to the Indian Ocean that promises more miles to come.

 Massive sand dunes on Nahoon Beach

Yellow Sands on the way to Chefani.



So whilst chillin' in the home of the Big Five, I thought I should probably pay them a visit. Inkwenkwezi is a private Game Reserve in East London (Buffalo City), about a 20 minute drive away from Michael's place. Here I met the lions, cheetah (singular as there was only 1), the elephants and the odd rabbit now and again. And yes, they were all pretty big :)

Here... kitty kitty :)


BFFs for life.

The massive safari truck

My "glamour" shot on the massive safari truck

Kisses from the elephant. 

Peekaboo, I see you!!!! Mr. Zebra.

See? I told you everything is big here.

I will also never forget this experience, because this is where I came up with a theory on Parallel Universes. Which I tried my hardest to explain to Michael, but it came out in a whole salmagundi of words, bless his soul for giving me the time of day to try and understand my gibberish. So I figured it's probably for the best that I take time to plot it out step by step and when that's done, try and share it again. #paradigmshiftinmybrain

Upper deck : ME ----- Lower deck : Also ME
Paaaaahahahahah..

While I was there, we looked for work that would hire the both of us as a couple, and we landed ourselves with a job in Sri Lanka, The Pearl of the Indian Ocean. So from one side of the Indian Ocean to the other, Ayubowan.






No comments:

Post a Comment